The Modern Parenting Community Rules!
Welcome to Modern Parenting Hub’s FREE Facebook Community!
As you can see we run a tight-knit (and big) community, and we aim to preserve the quality of Modern Parenting group at all times.
Our FREE Facebook community is a place to come together to share insights, tips, questions, answers and most importantly support for one another in their parenting journey.
Which is why we have created and enforce these rules on a daily basis.
Please read through all of them as we roll with a zero-tolerance policy and you will be removed and banned if you break any of the rules.
So with that being said, let’s dive in…
*Please be responsible for the energy that you bring into this space.*
• Modern parenting is for real life parents. We recognize that everyone comes from all walks of life, and that there is no single "right way" to parent. So we ask that you please respect the fact that what might work for you, won't necessarily work for everybody else.
• Please share your wins/ fails, questions, struggles and challenges as well as accomplishments! Sometimes we struggle with things and feel like we are alone. When really, there will be other people in the group going through or have gone through the same thing.
• It's important that we feel comfortable to talk openly and it really helps to know that what you say is going to be kept within this group. That means not talking to anybody else about the private concerns of others, or screenshooting.
• Help each other out. Be supportive, offer feedback and insight whenever possible. But always remember, be kind.
Here are posts that are not permitted:
• Anything with even a hint of racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia, trans*phobia, poor-bashing, or violence. *bullying/ shaming or trolling is something that will not be tolerated.
• Posts that share health advice from an unreliable source, or advise people, without legitimate evidence, not to follow the guidelines advised by health agencies or the practices recommended by the general medical community.
NO SELF PROMOTION (except for in our Saturday threads) or where otherwise explicitly stated.
• Selling or promotional posts of any kind will be removed. (You may share a tool, program or service, that you love and use, but please no affiliated links. There will be specific opportunities for you to promote your offerings and freebies.)
So, what do we consider self-promotion?
Definition of self-promotion:
- Selling anything - that means products, services, courses, events and programs…anything that feeds your bottom line.
- Promoting your webinar, live broadcast, survey, polls or event
- Posting a link to your website, your social profiles or even your personal FB profile.
- Posting affiliate links.
- Posting your own content in the group and not in a specific (and relevant) thread.
This includes posting links to surveys or creating polls or surveys in the group, posting photos with your social handles, URLs or business name on them.
- Posting “free” offers. These will be deleted and you will be removed… even if you have the best of intentions.
- Posting market research related questions. (This is not the group for it and we encourage you to ask your own audience.)
**Note: We break our own rule and promote ModernParentingHub.com if we feel as though it is of service to the group. We reserve that right as it is the group and community for ModernParentingHub.com.
POSTING OF VIDEOS
(*LIVE or pre-recorded) will be deleted, and you will be removed. —whether it’s from your personal profile, your FB page, your YouTube account or your website.
SOLICITATION OR REQUESTS TO PM YOU
Do not post in the group and ask people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help, or to work with you. Your comments (and YOU) will be removed. If someone wants to know more, they will PM YOU.
*If you want to know more about a service or person, ask if you can PM them to know more.
Be polite. Be supportive. DON’T BE A DOUCHE.
No second chances.
That means respecting people’s feelings, privacy, choices and rights to their own parenting style. If you're rude or disrespectful, spammy or trolling comments… you will be banned.
We do not allow rants that call people out or complaints around how someone chooses to parent. That is their business. Not yours.
Rant on your own page, not this group. Instead, examine why you might be feeling triggered around how someone chooses to parent that way.
BE HELPFUL! Provide genuine and helpful feedback and suggestions to others.
Ask questions. Give answers. Take what you need, leave what you don’t.
Be the kind of supportive friend that you want and need on your parenting journey.
WE SAY FUCK.
Some of us tend to have a bit of a potty mouth. If that offends you, this probably isn't the group for you.
Negative posts about this group, an admin or owner. Sometimes MP’s personalities don’t mesh, and that’s okay. Sometimes people just aren’t a right fit for this group, and that’s okay too!
If you’re going to write an angry post, stop yourself and just leave the group instead.
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, it’s because you broke the rules.
If you were removed from the group, it’s because you broke the rules.
If comments were turned off on a post, it is because the poster had found a solution, or the comments got out of hand.
If you want to know whether you can post something in the group, if it has an underlying motive, it’s probably best you don’t.
Finally, we ask that you respect the time of our Admins and owners of Modern Parenting.
If you send them a message and they don’t respond right away, chill. Admin and the owners of Modern Parenting have their own families, and while Facebook run’s 24/7, its unrealistic to assume our human admins do too.
And if you don't agree with ALL of these rules, kindly remove yourself from the group.
**Note: These rules are subject to change.
Now, let's have some fun!