FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE (Overnight)
I really love french toast. Like, I REALLY love IT.
NOM. NOM. NOM.
This recipe is kinda secret to me, But since I like you, and were kinda like family.. I'll give it to you. I was making Paula deans french toast casserole until I totally scared my Dr when he checked my cholesterol! A WHOLE PAN.. to myself. Anyways, this one is better... and less "heartattacky"
Makes 10 servings.. well... this is embarrassing. I just told you I ate a whole pan... cough.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 slices of fancy french bread.. or white bread, cubed (If you want to be all Martha Stewart and a total brown noser... or you've got a hot cable guy coming in the am to impress.. you can use cookie cutters to cut out adorable little shapes from the bread! Bunnies for Easter, X-mas trees or dicks. Oh COMMON! like you never wanted to take a dick casserole to your office pot luck meeting.)
- 1 cup brown sugar ( Okay, OKAY! I didn't say this was going to be fucking healthy.. jesus! Just reduce the amount of sugar to 2/3 cup... I bet you don't like ponies, rainbows or happiness either.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- First, drop it like it hot. Put that hair up in a bun, roll up that tank top, and throw on some slutty music and grind to it like that badass baker you isssss. (679 by Macy Kate OR Flex by Kiana Lede! ;) You're welcome.)
- Melt butter in a DEEP 9 x 13 baking pan. (Pan so deep you might hurt its feelings.)
- Fill the bottom of the pan with a layer of cubes.
- In a bowl mix 1 cup brown sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of this sugar mixture over bread.
- Add another layer of bread cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk until well blended.
- Pour over bread layers.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake covered at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking 15 minutes or until set and browned.
Want to make it extra over the top? OF COURSE YOU DO!! MAUAHAHAHA.
OVER THE TOP TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
*Mix all the ingredients together and put it on top of the casserole just before baking.
and BAM! Diabetes.
But seriously though, this is SO GOOD.