Yummy Beef Stroganoff
Serves 8 - 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1lb beef or 1 large steak cut into thin strips, approximately 2 cups
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 cups white mushrooms, slices
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook egg noodles in sauce pan of boiling, salted water about six minutes to Al Dante. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan on medium-high. Add beef and sear until brown on all sides, 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onions and mushrooms. Cook for about five minutes, stirring.
- Stir in paprika, flour, salt. Cook while stirring until flour browns, 3 minutes.
- Add beef stock, bring to a simmer and let simmer until meat is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Reduce heat; gently stir in sour cream and parsley just before serving. Careful not to boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.