Salmon Cakes with Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
Uh kay, I'm gonna be honest...I thought this sounded disgusting before I tried it. But it's actually really freaking delicious! Like, I LOVE salmon now! It pairs great with a salad for a balanced dinner, AND it only takes half an hour to prepare. Yahtzee!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. chives, minced 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Toss sweet potatoes with a drizzle of oil, and season with salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Bake in the centre of the oven, mixing halfway through cooking, until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the fish, Panko, 1 tablespoon chives, lemon zest, mayonnaise, onion, and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix with hands to combine, and shape into small patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. When the pan is hot, add the patties. Cook for 5 minutes, flip to other side and cook through.
- Sprinkle any remaining chives over cakes and Potatoes.