Crispy Chicken Parmigiana
So this recipe seems incredibly hard at first glance, but it's actually really simple, and quick! Just 30 minutes, to make. Serve with your fav. salad to make it a meal. (P.S. you are going to want to make extra - because it's damn delicious!)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive or canola oil
- Preheat the oven broiler to high.
- Cut the chicken breasts straight down the middle to make them a little thinner, leaving you with eight chicken breast halves. Pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel.
- Pour Panko into a shallow dish.
- Coat the chicken all over with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over high heat. Add a drizzle of oil.
- When the pan is hot, taking one halved chicken breast at a time, press each piece into the Panko to coat completely, and place into the pan.
- Pan-frythe chicken until golden-brown (about 5 min per side). Do not try to flip the chicken until five minutes...if you do the breading may stick to the pan. Flip the chicken and cook for another five minutes on the opposite side. The chicken may not cook all the way through at this stage, but that's okay, it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Transfer the chicken to a foil lined baking sheet. Spoon pizza sauce over the chicken, and then sprinkle the chicken with mozzarella and Parmesan. Broil in the centre of the oven until the cheese is golden and the chicken is cooked through. (6min)