Midnight Mama Hot Cocoa for One
- tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk or any combination of milk, half-and-half, or cream, soy, almond milk, etc...
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk together the cocoa, sugar, salt, and about 2 tablespoons milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved.
- Whisk in the rest of the milk and heat it over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until it is hot. Stir in the vanilla and serve.
- This recipe multiplies easily. When you get up to a quart of milk, use 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Hot Tip - If you like it frothy, blend it in the blender.