Fuggedaboutit Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- 2 large carrots , chopped
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 4 potatoes , chopped
- 10-12oz bag of frozen corn
- 2 16 oz cans of creamed corn
- 4 cups of water OR chicken broth
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of butter (optional)
- Place everything except for the evaporated milk, cornstarch and butter or margarine into the slow cooker.
- Add just enough water or chicken stock to cover the ingredients.
- Cook on high 5 hours or low 7-8 hours until vegetables are softened.
- Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk. Stir into slow cooker along with butter 30 minutes before serving,
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.