- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of each, ground black pepper and salt
- 12 squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1 lemon - cut into wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oil in a heavy, deep frying pan or pot. Oil should be heated to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- In a medium size mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dredge squid through flour and spice mixture
- Place squid in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown. Beware of overcooking; squid will be tough if overcooked
- Dry squid on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with wedges of lemon