Baked Salmon in parchment paper
- 1lb fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillet
- 4 cups fresh vegetables (such as trimmed green beans, squash, sweet bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Orange zest (or lemon)
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, snipped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Olive oil
- One medium orange, halved and thinly sliced (or lemon)
Preheat oven to 350°
Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving sizes. In a large bowl combine the next seven ingredients, mix gently.
Divide The vegetable mixture among 4 pieces of 14inch parchment paper squares. Place one fish on top of each vegetable portion. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil over each piece of fish. Sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper, top with orange slices.
Fold parchment over fish and vegetables, be sure to fold the open sides a few times to secure.
Bake for 25 minutes until the fish can easily be cut with a fork. You can cut an "X" in the top of the parchment paper to check doneness.